Saturday, February 12, 2011

More than Enough

Moses was a type of Christ. He himself had declared to Israel, "The Lord thy God will raise up unto thee a Prophet from the midst of thee, of thy brethren, like unto me; unto him ye shall hearken." Deuteronomy 18:15. God saw fit to discipline Moses in the school of affliction and poverty before he could be prepared to lead the hosts of Israel to the earthly Canaan. The Israel of God, journeying to the heavenly Canaan, have a Captain who needed no human teaching to prepare him for his mission as a divine leader; yet he was made perfect through sufferings; and "in that he himself hath suffered being tempted, he is able to succor them that are tempted." Hebrews 2:10, 18. Our Redeemer manifested no human weakness or imperfection; yet he died to obtain for us an entrance into the Promised Land. – {PP 480.1} – PP Ch. 43 - The Death of Moses

Observation:  Like no other that I can think of, Moses' life illustrates the truth of Romans 8:28:  

"We know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose." (Romans 8:28 NKJV)

This friend of God was the recipient of justice and mercy; accountability on earth and acceptance into the Heavenly Kingdom above.  His life should sober us and inspire us.  Patriarchs and Prophets speaks of this sobering/inspiring reality in this same chapter on the life of Moses:

Never, till exemplified in the sacrifice of Christ, were the justice and the love of God more strikingly displayed than in His dealings with Moses. God shut Moses out of Canaan, to teach a lesson which should never be forgotten--that He requires exact obedience, and that men are to beware of taking to themselves the glory which is due to their Maker. He could not grant the prayer of Moses that he might share the inheritance of Israel, but He did not forget or forsake His servant. The God of heaven understood the suffering that Moses had endured; He had noted every act of faithful service through those long years of conflict and trial. On the top of Pisgah, God called Moses to an inheritance infinitely more glorious than the earthly Canaan. {PP 479.2}

Prayer:  Lord Jesus give me justice and give me mercy.  Give me accountability and give me gracious acceptance.  You are my all in all.  My Lord and my Savior.  My repentance and my renewal.  My conviction and my celebration.  All of You Jesus is more than enough for all of me.  For every thirst and every need.  You satisfy me with Your love.  And all I have in You is more than enough.  Praise Your Holy Name!

No comments: