Monday, February 7, 2011

I Need Jesus

If we are conscious of our needs, we should not devote all our powers to mourning over them. While we realize our helpless condition without Christ, we are not to yield to discouragement, but rely upon the merits of a crucified and risen Saviour. Look and live. Jesus has pledged his word; he will save all who come unto him. Though millions who need to be healed will reject his offered mercy, not one who trusts in his merits will be left to perish. – {PP 432.1} – PP Ch. 38 - The Journey Around Edom

Observation:  The greatest battle we will fight is a battle of the mind.  As Wayne Cordeiro has said, "the devil is a head hunter, our minds are the battle field, and our imaginations are his trophy."  And, as the enemy of our souls, Satan is seeking to steal, kill, and destroy.  He does this subtly.  He sneaks in when things are going fairly well, and plants seeds of doubt, seeds of criticism, and seeds of complaint.  Sometimes these seeds come under the guise of "constructive criticism..." just a wish that things were a little better.  But sometimes this pursuit of better, ends up leaving us bitter if we are not careful to pray, and to put our desires and needs before Christ.

Yesterday's reading goes along with these thoughts:

There is not an impulse of our nature, not a faculty of the mind or an inclination of the heart, but needs to be, moment by moment, under the control of the Spirit of God. There is not a blessing which God bestows upon man, nor a trial which he permits to befall him, but Satan both can and will seize upon it to tempt, to harass and destroy the soul, if we give him the least advantage. Therefore however great one's spiritual light, however much he may enjoy of the divine favor and blessing, he should ever walk humbly before the Lord, pleading in faith that God will direct every thought and control every impulse. – {PP 421.1} – PP Ch. 37 - The Smitten Rock...

Application:  I need Jesus.  I need Him every hour and every day.  My thoughts too easily become filled with fear.  To easily become filled with pride.  Too easily become about me, about success, about looking good, about anything and everything but Him.  I need Jesus.

Prayer:  Lord Jesus... Grant me Your merit today.  Cloak me in Your righteousness.  When I'm tempted to fret, fill me with faith.  When discouragement knocks at my door, let Your hope rise up within me.  When anxiety creeps in, let Your peace wash it away.

Jesus, You are my strength when I am weak, You are the shelter that I seek, You are my all in all.  

There is none like You Lord Jesus, I could search for all eternity long and find, there is none like You.

I worship You.  I adore You.  I declare that You are good.  I declare that You are Alpha and Omega, Beginning and End,  Pioneer and Perfecter of my faith.  Jesus perfect faith in me today.  Lift my eyes above the cares of this world to Your victory on Calvary's Cross, to Your ministry in Heaven's Court, to Your return in the clouds of glory.  Yes... I fix my eyes upon You Jesus... You endured the cross... for the sake of the glory that was set before You... You conquered sin and death... And now You sit at the right hand of our Father until He makes Your enemies a foot stool.   You are glorious.  You are wonderful.  You are my all in all.  I worship You dear Jesus.  I worship You.


Afterglow: If you would like to spend a few extra moments in worship, enjoy these songs of  adoration... They are quoted in the preceding prayer.





1 comment:

BealcA's Pad said...

Jim, these are so beautiful. I loved singing along with them. Thank you for posting them on your blog.