Monday, May 25, 2009

Back Stage Passes

"Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God." (Romans 5:1-2 NIV)

Observation:  Back stage passes.  That is what we have through the death of Christ and the justification that He has wrought in our lives: Back stage passes.  We have access to the Father.  We have intimacy with Him.  We have the right to come boldly before his throne of grace that we may receive mercy and grace to help in our time of need (Hebrews 4:16).

It's like having the president's personal cell phone number.  It's more than a twitter feed.  It's instant messaging.  It's the ability to contact heaven 24-7.  Whenever we need help.  Whenever we need assistance.  We have access to the Father.  Instant access.

"In that day you will ask in my name. I am not saying that I will ask the Father on your behalf.  No, the Father himself loves you because you have loved me and have believed that I came from God."  (John 16:26-27 NIV)

Yes, this access means that we can come to our Father directly in Jesus name.  It means that He hears us when we call; that we are his sons and daughters in who he is well pleased.   Instant access means that He is ready, willing, and thrilled to answer our prayers:

""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened. 

"Which of you, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone?Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake?If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!" (Matthew 7:7-11 NIV)

Prayer:  Father God I thank You for Jesus, through whom I have access to stand in your grace; to be in your presence; to gain strength from your countenance.  I thank You for accepting me through Your Beloved Son.  For showing me and the world around that You are crazy about us.  That You desire that none would perish but all would come to salvation.  

Lord give me Your heart.  Give me Your heart for the lost.  Give me Your heart for the broken.  Lord show us how we can become a blessing to others.  In Jesus name I pray.  Amen.


No comments: