Monday, August 24, 2009

Trampling Destiny

by Karen Fettig
 
I was at the county fair the other evening watching the grandsons take in the rides at the carnival.  Every time we would walk by the game booths the peddlers would call out to us:  Come play! You can win! You win every time! I thought yes: "spend 5 bucks and win a 25 cent stuff animal!" Sometimes I would graciously say: "no thanks!" or I would focus my attention in another direction and walk on.
 
I was waiting in the shade at one ride and happened to look behind me to see the young woman that was with me looking down on the ground. She was moving around almost like as in a dance, but it turned out that she was writing something in the sand with her foot.  I love to go to places so I can watch people, so my curiosity was aroused at once. What was she writing?
 
I looked down to see that she was completing "Jesus Loves You!"  The crowd though was totally oblivious to the message. As they came through in droves intrigued by the sites, the rides, the sounds; they trampled on the message. The message written in sand was wiped out by the feet of those it was given to be a Blessing. A Blessing in an odd place; but never the less a Blessing if someone would have seen it.
 
Lately and again last night I have been dreaming about the cities and the masses of people oblivious to the message.  My dreams are usually very vivid. The one last night was not only vivid in the sense of realness, but of the anger and violence in the big city culture.
 
In my dream last night I was sharing a room with some other women. It was a dormitory style complex with men and women renting rooms. We came home from somewhere and there was a head of a man hanging from his door; his body was in the closet. I went to find police and found crowds of more violent people. I woke up then.
 
Many are losing jobs right now.  And I look in the paper and there are few ones to be had. We talk stimulus, but that my friends is borrowed money. Our government is sinking us and we are sucking it up.
 
As the economy sinks lower and lower, violence will escalate as debts are called in and food is in scarce supply. Sin calls out to us to come play and we pay the peddler for his cheap goods. Many times we play just enough hoping not to get caught in sin.
 
There will be a call for a moral law in this country and it will come to pass. A law that says: ""We must worship because God is angry at our nation!" This law will take away our liberty to worship as we choose; when and where.
 
Laws cannot dictate morality! God gives us the freedom of choice! It is by our sins and the knowledge of them, that we are lead to the need for a Savior and the need for His forgiveness!  Our destiny is choice, though sometimes quickly erased and because of choice we do not always get a second chance. 

 

The man in my dreams that was beheaded doubtfully had a chance to repent and ask for forgiveness of his sins before he died.  Satan wants us to die in sin. He will send the black horse of death to us quickly when he thinks it will serve his purpose and we will be forever lost.
 
It is time to look at the message in the sand: "Jesus Love You!" It is so simple! He is saying: "Come and be saved!"  "If the black horse of death comes to you at any time, you will have a place in heaven forever.  Satan is defeated by my sacrifice for you; by my grace!"
 
  We must lead a victorious life at all times!  But how do we do that?  God knows the heart and He is the judge. The only way we fail to have that victorious life; is to fail to come back, after we sin, to the one who saved our lives! It is all choice! That is hope!
 
What is your choice of Destiny today? He says: "Indeed the Lord has proclaimed to the end of the world: Say to my sons and daughters, surely your salvation is coming: Behold His reward (for you) is with Him! (Isaiah 62:11)
 
My Jesus loves you!

No comments: