Friday, August 28, 2009

Neither Fear Them...

""And you, son of man, neither fear them nor fear their words, though thistles and thorns are with you and you sit on scorpions; neither fear their words nor be dismayed at their presence, for they are a rebellious house." (Ezekiel 2:6 NAS95S)

Observation:  The prophet is told not to fear the listener.  This is a message repeatedly given to God's servants.  It was given to Moses at the burning bush when God said:

""Certainly I will be with you, and this shall be the sign to you that it is I who have sent you: when you have brought the people out of Egypt, you shall worship God at this mountain."" (Exodus 3:12 NAS95S)

God also gave this message to His servant Joshua.  Seven times, in the books of Deuteronomy and Joshua, the Lord says to the young warrior leader... "Be Strong and Courageous!"  And with this exhortation comes a promise:

""The LORD is the one who goes ahead of you; He will be with you. He will not fail you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed."" (Deuteronomy 31:8 NAS95S)

Yes every time God give the injunction to "Be Strong and Courageous," He accompanies it with the promise of His presence.  And it is His presence that gives courage; His presence that makes the meek bold, and the weak strong.  It is His presence which brings life to the dead and sight to the blind; His presence that makes us truly strong and courageous.

The list of those emboldened by God goes on...  The boy king, Josiah.  The teen king, David.  The boy prophet Jeremiah.  And the girl queen Esther.  All received great courage and strength from the Almighty.  All did great things, not because of their wisdom or strength, but because of the wisdom and strength of their Savior and Lord and King.

Application:  Yesterday I was speaking to my friend Freddie Russell.  I was bemoaning my ministry to him.  Bemoaning my weakness and my fear.  And He spoke courage into my heart and life.  He reminded me that it is not about me, but about the God I serve.  The Lord who says to me: "Neither fear them, nor their words..."  The Lord who says: "Certainly I will be with you..."  The Lord who says: "I will go ahead of you.  I will never fail you or forsake you."

Prayer:  Father, I thank You for the injunction to be strong and courageous.  And I lean on Your promise that says: "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength."  

I can lead.  I can administrate.  I can delegate.  I can exhort.  I can rebuke and correct.  I can pray with power.  I can repent.  I can confess.  I can forgive.  I can forget.  I can let go.  I can rejoice.  I can weep tears.  I can sing songs.  I can rejoice.  I can be loved.  I can be His.  I can surrender.  I can let go.  I can die.  I can....  

i am.  i am His.  i am nothing.  

"i am crucified with Christ, therefore i no longer live.  Jesus Christ now lives in me!"

O Yes my Father.  i claim no greatness in myself.  i claim the greatness of Christ.  i claim the boldness of my Savior and the courage of my Redeemer.  As Job declared:

"For I know that my Redeemer lives, And He shall stand at last on the earth; And after my skin is destroyed, this I know, That in my flesh I shall see God," (Job 19:25-26 NKJV)

Glory to Your name Lord God.  Jesus lives.  He rules.  He reigns.  He is Lord of my life, and King of my heart.  There is none like Him.  I could search for all eternity long, and find... there is none like Him.  I pray this promise may be fulfilled in my lifetime:

"'Once more (it is a little while) I will shake heaven and earth, the sea and dry land; and I will shake all nations, and they shall come to the Desire of All Nations, and I will fill this temple with glory,' says the LORD of hosts."  (Haggai 2:6-7 NKJV)

Yes Lord, let the Desire of All Nations come.  The Desire of Ages.  Christ Jesus is His name.  Let Him come in His glory.  Let Him come in His might.  Let Him come to the hearts of men today.  And let Him come in the clouds of glory tomorrow.  Let Him come with power.  Let Him come with passion.  Let Him come with healing in his wings.  Let Him come as the sun that breaks the darkness.  And as the water o'er the sea.  O Let Jesus come to His temple; to the people who He has loved and chosen as His own.  

O Father, Let Your Kingdom Come.  Let Your King take the throne.  

Even so, Come Lord Jesus!

No comments: