Wednesday, April 22, 2009

By Force or By Faith?

NAU 2 Kings 11:3 So he was hidden with her in the house of the LORD six years, while Athaliah was reigning over the land.

Observation:  Our agenda is not always God's.  Athaliah thought that if she killed all her potential enemies she could reign forever.  But the reign of cowardly rulers is always cut short by the sovreign reign of the ruler of the universe.  They may dictate for a season, but God always brings them to justice.

Application:  Will I lead with force or with faith?  Will I seek to make my children or shape them?  

Prayer:  Father make me a Godly ruler in my home.  Give me a spirit of humility.  Teach me to push the pause button rather than fathering out of fear.  Please Jesus.  I invite you to take the throne of my heart.

No comments: