Monday, November 1, 2010

From where does my help come from?

I lift up my eyes to the hills.
From where does my help come?
 My help comes from the LORD,
who made heaven and earth.
He will not let your foot be moved;
he who keeps you will not slumber.
Behold, he who keeps Israel
will neither slumber nor sleep.
(Psalm 121:1-4 ESV)

Observation:  It is easy to look to the hills.  The stand so bold and so prominent in our view.  The hills can inspire, but they can also overwhelm.  If your simply taking them in, why they can be breath-taking.  But if you are seeking to climb and to conquer... than they can overwhelm... they can disarm courage and confidence.



Application:  Lately my hills have felt like follow-up for The Radical Teachings of Jesus, and the Foster Care Church initiative for the valley.  I have talked of these hills.  I have made them bigger than they are.  I have exalted them.  But this morning Jesus is saying to my heart:

Jim, your help doesn't come from the hills.  Your help comes from the Lord, the maker of heaven and earth.  I will keep you from all harm.  I will watch over you.  I do not slumber nor sleep.  Tonight as you were resting, I was working.  Tonight as you slept secure in my love, my mighty hand was orchestrating and designing answers to the prayers I will inspire you to pray for this foster initiative and the follow-up to the Radical Teachings.  Trust me son.  Look to me. I am your help.

Prayer:  Jesus I thank You this morning that You are my help.  Thank You that You are always on the job.  Always working for my blessing and benefit.  Jesus I praise You today that You climbed Calvary's hill, not focusing on the massiveness of that challenge, but choosing to look in faith and trust to Your Father saying, "Not my will, but thy will be done."

Lord this is my prayer for this foster initiative and for this follow-up.  "Not my will, but thine be done."  Jesus I have been afraid of these things because of the greater hill of my reputation.  What will people say if I fail?  What will people say of me if I don't produce or don't come through.  Father forgive me for this kind of thinking.  Forgive me Jesus for seeking to "make a name for myself."  Jesus Your name is the only name that matters.  Your renown is the only thing worth living for.  Jesus I just want You to be lifted high this morning.  I want You to be exalted.  I want You to be made known.  Jesus, Your promise is:

"And I, if I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all peoples to Myself."" (John 12:32 NKJV)

Jesus, be lifted high in me.  Be lifted high in Your church.  Be lifted high in the valley.  Be lifted high in our home.  Be exalted Lord Jesus... above heaven and earth.  

"No one has ascended to heaven but He who came down from heaven, that is, the Son of Man who is in heaven." (John 3:13 NKJV)

Jesus, Lucifer sought to exalt himself above the stars of heaven, above the thrown of the Most High, but You chose to humble yourself.  When Satan was seeking to ascend, You said, I will descend.  When Satan was seeking to accuse, You said I will bear the accusation... I will take Jim's sin upon myself.

O Jesus I exalt Your Holy Name.  Thank You Jesus for bearing the penalty of my sin.  Thank You for being sin for me that I might become the righteousness of God.  Thank You for becoming the author and perfecter of my faith on Calvary's cross.  Thank You for praying for my forgiveness.  Thank You for always living to make intercession for me.   Thank You for being a friend to me when I have only been friendly to You.  O Jesus draw me close.  Draw me to You heart.  Draw me to Your side.  Love me personally.  Lead me personally.  Be my personal Lord and Savior.  Come in and sup with me.

"Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me." (Revelation 3:20 NKJV)

No comments: