Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Make My Life Your Prayer

Pilate also wrote an inscription and put it on the cross. It was written, "JESUS THE NAZARENE, THE KING OF THE JEWS." Therefore many of the Jews read this inscription, for the place where Jesus was crucified was near the city; and it was written in Hebrew, Latin and in Greek. So the chief priests of the Jews were saying to Pilate, "Do not write, 'The King of the Jews'; but that He said, 'I am King of the Jews.'" Pilate answered, "What I have written I have written."" (John 19:19–22 NAS95)

Observation:  A King on a Cross: What a spectacle.   A King on a Cross: What paradox.  A cross is for a criminal.  A cross is for a murderer.  But our King was in His glory on the cross.  Our King's finest hour was the hour of the cross.  

It was at the cross that He cried: "Father Forgive Them!"  Hebrews 7:25 declares that "He ever lives to intercede."  And on the cross His intercession wasn't mere words, but rather, flesh and blood.  The cross was the intercession of sacrifice; a blood drenched prayer of passion and power; a living/dying prayer.

Application:  O that my prayers might become sacrificial.  That through the Spirit I might receive the heart of my Savior and the willingness, the tenaciousness, the follow through to not only pray the words, but to live and die the prayers that the Spirit would birth in my heart.  

Prayer:  O Jesus, pray through me.  O Intercessor of Calvary's cross, make my life your prayer; an answer for your children crying in despair.

No comments: