Monday, March 17, 2008

Am I Desperate Enough?

""For the LORD will vindicate His people, And will have compassion on His servants, When He sees that their strength is gone, And there is none remaining, bond or free. "And He will say, 'Where are their gods, The rock in which they sought refuge? 'Who ate the fat of their sacrifices, And drank the wine of their drink offering? Let them rise up and help you, Let them be your hiding place! 'See now that I, I am He, And there is no god besides Me; It is I who put to death and give life. I have wounded and it is I who heal, And there is no one who can deliver from My hand."  (Deuteronomy 32:36-39 NAS95S)

Observation:  God vindicates the victim; whether we have been victimized through our own hand or the hand of another.  God vindicates the addict; whether our addiction was self-induced or passed down through generations.  The reality of God's vindication comes when we are at a point of paralysis, when all our strength is gone, when our addictions can no longer numb the pain, when they have before afflictions in and of themselves.

Application:  Am I at that point?  Am I desperate enough for God?

Prayer:  O Lord bring me to the point that You may vindicate my life.  Place me in the position of desperation.  Put me where You can shape me into Your likeness; wound so that you may heal, kill so that you may bring back to life.  Amen!

No comments: