Saturday, November 21, 2009

Stretch Out You Hand

"And a leper came to Him and bowed down before Him, and said, "Lord, if You are willing, You can make me clean." Jesus stretched out His hand and touched him, saying, "I am willing; be cleansed." And immediately his leprosy was cleansed." (Matthew 8:2–3 NAS95)

Observation:  Five beautiful words!  "Jesus stretched out His hand."  Glory!  He is the one who heals with outstretched hand.  He is the one who parted the sea through the outstretched hand of Moses.  And He is the one who purchased our salvation with outstretched hands on Calvary's cross.  How I thank the Lord for the outstretched hands of Jesus.  

I once wrote a song about His Hands.  It says:

Hands that healed the lepar, and opened blind eyes
that lifted up the lame and brought the dead to life.
Father we praise You for the touch of His mighty healing hands...

Hands folded in the garden, and bound in the night
They were nailed to a tree, outstretched to bring us life
Father we praise You for the blood, that flowed from His healing hands...

Hands of forgiveness still reaching out today
Still touching the outcast, still offering grace
Father we praise You for the touch, of scarred but healing hands...

O how I need the touch of Jesus.  And I am so grateful the for the promise of Isaiah 59:1:

"Behold, the LORD's hand is not so short That it cannot save; Nor is His ear so dull That it cannot hear." (Isaiah 59:1 NAS95)

Application:  Where do I need the touch of Jesus today?  

Prayer:  Jesus I need You to reach out and touch my mind.  Just lay your hand over my head and fill me with the thoughts of glory.  Fill me with thoughts of faith.  Teach me to talk faith!

Talk faith, pure, sacred, holy faith. Bear no discouraging testimony, for this pleases the enemy. Talk of the goodness of God. Have we not enough at every step to praise him for?  {The Upward Look 329.4}

Talk faith, pure, sacred, holy faith. Bear no discouraging testimony, for this pleases the enemy. Talk of the goodness of God. Have we not enough at every step to praise him for?  Manuscript 1151. 

Yes Jesus, stretch out Your hand and touch my lips this morning.  As I stand before Your people, may the words I speak be words of faith.  May they be words of hope and of courage.  Speak through me Jesus.  Speak encouragement.  Speak blessing.  Speak joy.  Speak salvation.  

Lord I pray the prayer of the apostles this morning:

"Now, Lord, look on their threats, and grant to Your servants that with all boldness they may speak Your word, by stretching out Your hand to heal, and that signs and wonders may be done through the name of Your holy Servant Jesus."" (Acts 4:29–30 NKJV)

Yes Jesus... grant me boldness in the face of the enemy's threats.  And as You allow me to speak with boldness, may you stretch out Your hand to heal, may You stretch out Your hand to lift up the broken, may You stretch out You hand save.  We need Thy hand Lord Jesus.  We need Your touch.  

Stretch out Your hand just now!  Amen!

No comments: