Friday, July 3, 2009

Justified by His Knowledge

By His knowledge the Righteous One, My Servant, will justify the many, As He will bear their iniquities. "  (Isaiah 53:11 NAS95S).

Observation:  Christ's sacrifice gives credibility to His intercessory prayers in our behalf.  The word declares that "By His knowledge the Righteous One, My Servant, will justify many."  This wasn't simply a head knowledge, it was a heart knowledge.  This wasn't a book knowledge, but a knowledge that comes through brokenness; a knowledge born out of experience; a knowledge that bore our griefs and carried our sorrows; a knowledge that knows what it means to be crushed and knows what is means to be chastened.  Yes Jesus justifies us through the His living knowledge of condemnation and forsakenness.  He knows spite, He knows affliction, He knows mockery.  Through this knowledge He justifies us.  He cries out:  "Father forgive them for they know not what they are doing."  He knows and forgives.  We knew not and crucified.  Through His experiencing the knowledge of our ignorant rage, He forgave us.  Glory to God.

So, when our Lord intercedes for us, when He please His blood for the lost, He isn't just praying from pity, He is praying from a point of experience.  He is praying as a Nazarene.  A Nazarene who was despised by the world.  For this is what many scholars believe it mean to be referred to as a Nazarene:  One who is despised.   Just as one of his disciples declared before meeting Jesus:  "Can any good thing come out of Nazareth."

Ahh, but this is the beauty and holiness of Jesus, of Emmanuel, God with us.  He enters the places and people where the world asks, "Can any good thing come out of them?," and manifests His goodness and grace.  There is no heart too dark, no life too helpless, and no situation to hopeless, that the one who intercedes for us cannot bless and bring into the light of day.  The is no one too far gone that He cannot plead His sacrifice as an atonement for their sin.

Application:  I need Jesus today.  No my brother, nor my sister, but me.  It's me, It's me, It's me O Lord, standing in the need of prayer.  I need the intercessory prayers of my Savior.  I need the credibility of His shed blood applied to my broken and sinful heart, mind, and soul.  

Prayer:  Lord Jesus pray over me today.  Let Your knowledge, Your suffering, and Your sacrifice be my justification.  Put me right with You and right with the Father.  Dwell in me.  Pray in and through me.  Pray for me.  Be my Savior.  Be my Changer.  Be my all in all.  You alone are worthy Lord Jesus.  You alone are righteous.  You alone are my life.  I surrender to You now.

No comments: